GRP Fiberglass Flat Roofing in Gloucester, Cheltenham & Forest Of Dean.
Commonly known as GRP or Fibreglass flat roofing is one of the most reliable ways to weatherproof your roof. Not just restricted to flat roofs the system can also be used on barrel-vaulted and pitched roofs. It’s low-maintenance and quality materials make it a very cost-effective roofing method.
What makes a Fibreglass flat roof?
A fibreglass flat roof or GRP (Glass Reinforced Plastic) roofs are made up of the following materials.
- Roofing Topcoat
- Roofing Resin
- GRP Roofing Trims
- Fibreglass matting
- Ancillary Tools
Fibreglass roofing is created by wetting out layers of glass mat on the roof of the building. When fully cured your roof will have superb strength and provide a continuous durable waterproof barrier across the surface. Dependent on the footfall of the roof surface the weight of each layer varies from 450g to 900g. The next phase of the process after the resin has cured is the application of a roofing topcoat. This adds colour to the roof but also acts as a sealant to secure the fibreglass layers underneath.
Once this top coat has cured, your fibreglass roof will be both seamless and waterproof. One of the greatest attributes is that it be virtually maintenance free. Unlike many other roofing products, your fibreglass finished roof will not rot or smell. GRP surfaces are also mush less likely to gather unsightly algae and moss. If there is ever debris on the roof it can be simply cleaned by brushing, hosing down or even a mop.
Advantages of GRP/Fibreglass
- Fibreglass Flat Roofing offers many benefits compared to some of the alternative methods such as felt, including.
- Safer Installations: GRP/Fibreglass roof surfaces require no complicated plant or machinery to install. In fact in most cases it doesn’t even require heat equipment, resulting in much safer installations improving health and safety.
- Strength and Durability: Most fibreglass roofs have a life expectancy of 20 years when installed by industry professionals.
- Flexibility: Choose from a variety of trims to suit the roof build. Materials can also be easily cut to suit the shape of the roof.
- Waterproof: Extremely waterproof due to having no seams unlike felt finished roofing in similar applications.
- Weather Resistant: Highly Waterproof thanks to a quality Topcoat finish
- Simple to repair and maintain: Brush or hose down your completed roof to keep it clean and reduce any chance of moss or algae build-up.
Our skilled team our true professionals in GRP/Fibreglass flat roofing systems. We ensure our staff have the latest training and knowledge to continue our fast growing reputation. For your completely free quote please feel free to contact us on any of the numbers below.
- Free phone: 0800 696 5789
- Gloucester: 01452 347883
- Cheltenham: 01242374145
- Forest Of Dean: 01594887533